Jobs / Accounting Manager
The mission of Land-Grant is to bring our Ohio community together by building customer connections through our passion toward the craft, quality, and creativity of our beers and experiences. We build those connections by taking the lead in creating an inclusive and welcoming craft beer culture.
Land-Grant is searching for an Accounting Manager who will embody our core values of: Operate with Integrity, Perform with Pride, Cultivate the Community, Foster Creativity & Fun and Pursue with Passion. This person must enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment while being an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the role of Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role.
With direction from the Vice President of Operations, the Accounting Manager will interact with the Leadership Team.
This individual will be required to directly manage the Land-Grant Bookkeeper (1) and any future employees that may support this function. This position will have both quarterly and annual reviews with opportunities for growth and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day accounting, near term financial planning (monthly reporting and forecasting, cash management) and financial stewardship (annual budgeting process, capital requirements) – follows weekly, monthly and quarterly check-lists
- Refine, develop, implement, and enforce standard accounting policies, procedures, and controls, including an effective month-end close process
- Issue timely, accurate and complete financial statements
- Refine costing methods
- Create, maintain and report on new product costing models
- Refine, develop and manage purchasing policies and procedures
- Assist in the development and the production of annual budget and forecasts
- Provide financial advice and knowledge to departments
- Understand and actively manage current and forward contracts of raw materials
- Analyze company operations to pinpoint opportunities for improvement and areas for cost savings
- Provide strategic financial and operational input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization
- Posting of bank/credit card transactions
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for VP of Operations, as requested
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals, building models with the CEO or VP of Operations
- Support department heads in various accounting and inventory needs, budget development and management, relevant planning by company and department
- Capital Expenditure tracking
- Availability to assist during brewery events
- Other duties as necessary
Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; five or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license is preferred but not required.
Language and Mathematical Skills
Demonstrated ability to assess, develop, enhance and implement accounting policies and procedures across a complex organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements.
Accounting Manager Position Details
This is a full-time position, with the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Performance-based incentive plan
- IRA Match
- Paid training and development
- Paid time off
- Land-Grant discounts (including free beer)
Interested in this role, but have a little more experience? We’re also hiring a CONTROLLER. View that role and apply here.
About Land-Grant Brewing Company
At Land-Grant, we welcome people (and dogs) from all walks of life. Anyone, regardless of their race, creed, nation of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status, marital status, or age has a home here. Our “All Welcome” mantra means that love, progress, and acceptance will always have a seat at our bar.
Land-Grant Brewing Company Core Values
- Operate with Integrity – be ethical, honest and respectful – always thinking about the well-being, safety, and satisfaction of both our employees and our customers.
- Perform with Pride – take ownership and accountability for the quality of our work, our products and our experiences with consummate attention to the details.
- Cultivate the Community – be an inclusive, welcoming workplace, business and brand that invests in our partners, relationships and neighbors to strengthen connections.
- Foster Creativity & Fun – center all efforts (design, brewing, experiences) around innovation, originality and enjoyment for our customer and each other.
- Pursue with Passion – align individual skills and passions with the Land-Grant brand, while engaging with a team-first mentality to collectively achieve something greater than ourselves.