Jobs at Land-Grant / Taproom Manager
The mission of Land-Grant is to grow community, foster creativity, and above all to produce the highest quality beer, customer service, and taproom experience. Land-Grant commits to organizational, community, and environmental sustainability. Founded in 2012, Land-Grant has grown from a two-person operation to an organization with more than 50 employees.
Land-Grant is searching for a Taproom Manager who will embody our core values of Quality, Safety, Creativity, Passion, Respect, and Customer Focus. This person must enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced environment while managing resources, inventory, events, and operations. Leadership and communication skills will be essential for working with diverse personalities and addressing challenges.
Position: Taproom Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Columbus, Ohio
- Sets a welcoming, appropriate, and professional tone for staff communication and dynamics; is informed and up-to-date on the Taproom and company offerings, products, services, policies, and events.
- Maintaining a fun and safe atmosphere for our Customers and Employees.
- Working with diverse personalities both on the staff and customers.
- Diffusing tense situations between customers or staff members to prevent possible safety or legal issues, ejecting unruly persons, if needed.
- Working with internal partners: Marketing Team, Event Managers, Production, and Sales.
- Hiring, training, and development of staff to promote excellent service, knowledge, efficiency, and growth.
- Work with Taproom Leads to develop leadership and management skills.
- Manage the business aspects of the bar: maintaining licenses and certifications, negotiating and enforcing supplier contracts, taking inventory and reordering supplies, managing budgets, setting goals, and appearance/cleanliness of Taproom and Beer Garden.
- Creating effective schedules and quickly resolving conflicts to ensure the Taproom is appropriately staffed at all times.
- Scheduling, monitoring, supervision, and documentation of preventive maintenance for Taproom equipment.
- Enforcing quality and safety controls.
- Create new programming to grow Taproom revenues.
- Manage the coordination for all special events hosted at the Taproom while keeping a calendar of booked events.
- Work closely with the Event Managers to ensure support of large events.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to diffuse tense situations and resolve conflicts, assess customer and employee needs, and evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Hospitality management experience, preferably in the craft beer industry, is required.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training initiatives.
- Strong understanding and proven application of business management and accounting principles.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of POS operations.
- Willingness to work during peak hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to walk, stand, and occasionally carry heavy items for long periods of time in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to safely lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- TIPS certification required.
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server® required within 90 days of hire.
Please fill out the form below to apply for this position.